Chinese Scholar Exhibited Artwork During Semester
Visiting scholar Dr. Lian Wang from Yangzhou University in China exhibited her artwork in Winfisky Gallery last month.
Wang's paintings are created using traditional Chinese brush with Mo ink on cotton paper. Her paintings often reflect a Chinese Taoist emphasis on natural beauty. Based upon this Chinese foundation, Wang also incorporates painting techniques from other countries, such as an Indian Buddhist focus on expression of the mind and a French Impressionist use of color. As a result, her paintings are Chinese in their essence but global in their outlook.
Wang is currently an Assistant Professor at Yangzhou University of China and Visiting Scholar at Salem State University. She received her Ph.D. from Southeast University of China, has published more than 20 academic papers and has participated in many national and international academic conferences.
In 2010, Wang was invited to participate in the New England Historical Association's annual meeting, where she presented her paper "The Study of Chinese Painting History in the United States for the Twentieth Century." Wang's award-winning paintings have been included in many art exhibitions in China and abroad. She has also published a book of her paintings entitled "Wang Lian Chinese painting works."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Salem State Log News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SALEM STATE LOG NEWS
RECENT THE SALEM STATE LOG CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...