Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department announced that the father of the 5-year-old boy who went missing, has been arrested on suspicion of murder. The disappearance had prompted a month-long search across Southern California.


Aramazd Andressian Sr. (35) was arrested in Las Vegas, said deputies, he’s been held on a $10 million-dollar bail. Aramazd Jr. was reported missing by the boy’s mother, Ana Estevez, after the father who was estranged did not return after the agreed upon one week custody exchange.

After the report was made on April 22, police found the father that same day in hospital. He was found passed out next to his car at a south Pasadena park. He had “several minor injuries.” The boy was nowhere to be found.

Investigators were told by Andressian that he had taken a prescription drug that was his that same morning, which led him to blacking out. Lt. Joe Mendoza of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told reporters “He did not remember what happened to his child or any details that were useful in locating his son.”

Witnesses had last seen the boy two days prior when his father and two relatives took him to Disneyland.

The Search For The Boy Continues

The boy is still missing and the search has now crossed county and state lines. The police had started by searching the park where the father was found with police dogs. Later warrants were served to search the father’s home in South Pasadena, as well as several other family members.

There are now more than 200 law enforcement officers working the case and the search has expanded from Los Angeles county to Santa Barbara.

Among the places searched was Lake Cachuma where the Andressian Sr. told police he had visited with his son. The artificial lake is about 15 miles northwest of Santa Barbara.

Andressian can be seen on surveillance footage at the lake, however the boy could not be verified.

Lt Mendoza told reporters, “We have not come up with any science that his son had been there with him.”

Parents Plead To The Public

Aramazd Jr’s parents have been making public pleas for the past two months since their son’s disappearance. They’ve been asking the public to help find their son.

Andressian Sr. claimed, in a statement made by his attorney, that the boy wanted to go to the park after breakfast, before meeting his mother.

“I was at the park with my son, and then I found myself waking up in Huntington Memorial Hospital hours later.” the statement said. “I can only speculate that I must have been attacked in the park, given my unresponsive state and subsequent physical condition.”

He added, “My family and I are heartbroken and grief-stricken that Aramazd Jr. is missing and may be in harm’s way.”

The mother, Estevez, in a press conference in May, pled with the public for her son’s safe return.

“My son’s disappearance is my worst nightmare,” she said. “There are no words to describe how devastated and broken I am.”

“Be brave, honey. Know that Mama and a lot of people are working hard to bring you home.” Estevez said, speaking directly to her son. “I’m counting the days until I see you again. I will never stop looking for you.”