The 14-year-old teenage girl who died when a minibus that was carrying students on a field trip collided with a garbage truck has been finally been named.

Severe Head Injuries

According to sources, it is believed that Holly Brown, the teenage victim, had suffered severe head injuries when the bus that carried 21 other students crashed on the A38 motorway in Castle Vale, Birmingham.

The students attended John Taylor High School in Barton under Needwood. Holly’s identical twin sister Emma also attends the same school. Sources do not yet know if Emma was also on the bus with her sister.

The students and staff at the girl’s high school, John Taylor in Staffordshire are “devastated” by the 14-year-old girl’s death.

There was a second teenage girl taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The rest were checked by EMT’s at the scene.

The mother of one of the boys on the bus called the driver a hero, claiming that his quick reactions prevented more fatalities. Her son explained how the garbage truck crashed into the right side of the bus, right in the middle, where the now dead teen sat.

The mother of witness went on to praise the driver’s “skill” as he managed to keep her son alive, especially as he sat only two seats in front of the victim. Witnesses say he fought to keep the car under control until he managed to bring it to a stop.

Statements From The Mother

The mother, who did not want to be named, said: “The driver fought to save the other students with courageous driving skills. He is a hero.

“The truck went into the side of the minibus. There could have been more casualties, but apparently his skills stopped that.”

“My son was two seats in front of her, it went into that side. He saw it all.”

“It was hit in the middle.”

“I have to say the school have been fantastic.”

A spokesman from West Midlands Ambulance have confirmed that 19 students, the minibus driver and three teachers are safe and sound. They also checked on the truck driver who was not injured. The teen’s body was taken in a private ambulance.

The mother of the boy on the bus said: “They were going to the Botanical Gardens and then to art galleries. The trip was part of their GCSE art studies.

“All my son could say was that there had been a crash and one of the students had died. She apparently had a severe head injury.”

“He said everyone was wearing seat belts.”

Superintendent Dean Hatton, head of Central Motorway Police Group, told reporter during a press conference this afternoon: “This is a tragic incident which has resulted in the death of a pupil from the John Taylor High School in Barton-under-Needwood.”

“Unfortunately, it became clear nothing could be done at the scene to save the life of the young girl and she was pronounced dead at the scene.”

“Next of kin have been informed and I’ve got specialist officers with the family now to support them at this very difficult time.”